It’s been a week since Halloween, can you believe that. Time flies, right?
How often do we hear that comment, time flies! I do all the time. Along with I don’t have time, really amusing to me!
But what are you doing about time?
So if time flies like everyone suggests, ask yourself a question, how much progress have you made this week? Can you honestly look back and give yourself a pat on the back for the progress you have made?
There is nothing we can do about the time we have, as far as I am aware of, I am sure some crazy science guru is trying to work on teleportation and other cool futuristic stuff, but until then we are stuck with what we have!
We all have the same amount of hours in a day, what’s important is how you use that time.
Why is it that some people can get tremendous amounts of work done in a day, and others struggle to get out of the starting block?
I like to use an analogy of a beat-up old Datsun compared to the super advanced looking F1 car driven by one of the best drivers in the world.
Put both cars on a race track and who wins?
F1 car, right! By a long way.
Did they have any difference in the time they had? Nope
Did they race on the same track? Yep
So all being equal with the conditions, what was the difference?
It is simple….
An F1 car uses time more efficiently, its highly tuned, its productive, it revs harder, it is efficient, it forces more fuel into the engine, it sucks more air, it has massive tires with more grip and ultimately this means huge output therefore getting a lot more done in the same amount of time. But you know what it wants to do more than anything, actually go fast and win! That’s the goal
Makes sense right!
People constantly ask me how do you get so much done in a day.
Its simple, I am the F1 car. My goal with time is to reach my goals. I want to reach them as fast as I can, as it keeps me fulfilled.
I make time, time doesn’t make me. I constantly strive for improvements in productivity, efficiency, output and workload so on the same track as my competition, I will win.
Being the leader of the Sabre Digital team, this is the energy and mindset I instil on the team. This is how team Sabre work. We are highly tuned and what we have done in the past 6 months, our competition wouldn’t get done in many years.
We grew from 3 to 11 staff in 6 months and this will exponentially increase in the coming 6 months.
We have expanded into 3 new offices in that time.
We have a huge book of happy clients and success stories, and some big names coming onboard soon.
All this why?
We are the F1 car.
We are pushing harder, faster, more efficient and more productive than our competition and we will win. We will win and reach the goals for you the clients, for our business and ourselves personally.
You should be too.
You need to think about yourself as a highly tuned race car that can lap the competition. To truly win in business, and I mean win big, you must be this person.
You must work smarter, rev harder, be more productive, give yourself the right fuel, look after your body and get more done, with the same time.
Its either you do or your competition does, don’t let your competition overtake you. Set the pace.
So here is a task for you.
Take a moment to write down 5 things that you could do now to increase your output and efficiency.
Here are some suggestions
- Watch less TV
- Catch public transport to work (you can work on a train or bus)
- If you drive to work listen to podcasts or make conference calls in the car. Use your drive time productively
- Eat lunch at your desk or if you eat out for lunch, do so with clients or prospective clients
- Schedule appointments shorter. If you typically book 30 min appointments make it 20 minutes, that’s 1 additional person each hour, or 8 in a day if you were to run appointments all day! Most meetings could be done in far less time!
- Wake up earlier – do you really need the 10 hours of sleep? Maybe, but if you could wake up half hour earlier each day to workout or get something done, that’s an additional 210 minutes a week of awake time! What could you get done with 210 more minutes in a week?
- Leverage – this is probably one of the most important. If you believe your capacity is at its max, hire someone! You can free up the time you would normally be spending on tasks which are not the best use of your time, and put that time into the most productive use of your time. This results in multiple times output!
- Outsource – doing your own marketing? Let us do it, would you prefer 11 professionals currently, soon to be plenty more looking after your marketing or you struggling to find time to do it? How much time could you free up to do more productive tasks if you handed the marketing to us?
When you have done with your list, each morning review those areas that you need to improve on, then focus on those for the week.
It takes 3 weeks to make a new habit.
Do it for 3 weeks focus on the areas that you need to improve to make the most out of your day.
Imagine having twice the output, its possible. I promise you.
That’s it for this week. Have a great week